The secret to these delectable little morsels is long, slow cooking. As they bake, their fragrance fills the house.
- 3 tablespoons dried lavender flowers
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 7/8 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1 drop lemon juice
2. Place the flowers and granulated sugar in a blender container. Blend to a fine dust and sift it with the confectioners’ sugar into a bowl.
3. In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff and then beat in a drop of lemon juice. Fold in the sifted lavender sugar.
4. Drop small spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper or parchment paper.
5. Bake for about three hours, or until firm and golden. Cool on a rack.
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers, crushed
- Confectioners’ sugar to taste
Click here for the original article, A Fragrance Garden: Floresta Fragrant Gardens.