http://www.allfood.recipes/Prep Time 15 Minutes
Cook Time 45 Minutes
- 4 slices Low-sodium Or Low-fat American Cheese
- 4 slices Low-sodium Or Low-fat Swiss Cheese
- ¾ cups Chopped Broccoli, Fresh Or Frozen
- 4 pieces Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ½ cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 whole Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- ½ cups Breadcrumbs Or Panko
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- If your chicken is on the thick side, you’ll first want to butterfly it to give yourself more surface area to work with as you wrap it around the filling. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray for easy chicken removal. A pizza stone will also work for baking the stuffed chicken.
- Layer all 4 slices of American cheese on top of each other, and slice vertically into four even rectangle cheese stacks. Take one of the rectangle cheese stacks and place it in the center of a whole slice of Swiss. Place some of the chopped broccoli on and around the American cheese stack, and wrap the Swiss around both, creating a small packet. Place the cheese and broccoli ‘packet’ in the center of a flattened chicken breast, then wrap the chicken around it, securing the edges of the chicken together with toothpicks. Repeat for the remaining chicken breasts.
- Prepare 3 bowls for the breading process. Place the flour in one, egg wash in the second (the egg and water, beaten), and the breadcrumbs in the third. Dredge the chicken in flour, egg wash, and then breadcrumbs before placing seam-side up on a pizza stone or cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until chicken reaches a temperature of 165F. Don’t forget to remove the toothpicks before serving!
- Note: You may not need to use the entire 3/4 cup of chopped broccoli. It will depend on how large your chicken breasts are. Don’t worry about trying to stuff in more that can fit into your chicken.