Traducteur

Dec 8, 2010

Christmas Wreath for the Birds

This was taken from a wonderful 
Bird Website
A wreath on your front gate says welcome to family and friends and if you make a bird seed wreath, wild birds will also stop by to get a taste of your crafting skills.

I make two types of bird seed wreaths. In late summer and fall I make a "nature's harvest" bird seed wreath.


When nature is brimming with ripening fruits and berries and seed heads are forming on grasses, I collect everything that I would eat if I were a wild bird. In nature, I look for vines of wild grapes and bittersweet, for privet berries on the hedge and seed heads forming on weeds. In my garden I look for sunflowers, zinnias and ornamental grasses going to seed. To learn how to make a bird seed wreath like this one, click here.

When I run out of materials for making my "nature's harvest" bird seed wreaths, I make a bird seed wreath that is perfect for winter. Since this project requires the use of gelatin, temperatures should be close to or below freezing. If you live in an area where winter temperatures stay near 50, you can substitute peanut butter or rendered suet for the gelatin.

Making a bird seed wreath is a messy project that can be a lot of fun for kids.




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment