- 2 cups tightly packed dandelion leaves, well-rinsed and dried
- 1 dozen large basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup lightly toasted hazelnuts (skins removed), or toasted almonds, pine nuts, or walnuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (optional)
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
In the bowl of a food processor or blender, pulse together dandelion leaves, basil, garlic, and nuts. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. With the motor running, add olive oil and process until a smooth paste forms. Pulse in cheese if you like. Season to taste with salt and pepper.leftovers can be frozen.